They were always just objects to me. Its sick but women were a means to a pleasure in my twisted perverted sense of reality. "I'll never change." was my motto, I'd say and do anything to get what I wanted and my tongue was usually two steps ahead of my brain so it worked out perfectly. My life was an all you can eat buffet of debauchery and i gorged till i was sick, puked and than went back for seconds. Round and round i went on this carousel from hell without any end or need there of in sight.
So, "why did I stop you ask?" I had no idea my sewing of wild oats was over until the scar was visible from the stitches. And it was the best thing that ever happened to me. No more bar sluts, one night stands, or revealing talk about sexual conquests at happy hour. You know, no more manly stuff, or is there.
I came to the realization that all the things in my life that I perceived made me a man were nothing and never was the definition of manliness. The true test of manliness still lay in front of me. Call it God, karma ,or just dumb luck; I Daniel Horvath king of the assholes was in love and going to be dad, a very surprised dad but a father none the less. A switch flipped deep inside, I don't know if it was conditioning, instinct or fear but I grew up instantly before my own eyes. I became a man.
You know what Ive noticed I wear it well, my perception of a man now is a guy who takes care of his shit no matter how emasculating it gets. A man provides for his family regardless of how menial or degrading the work is as long as there's a roof, food, and clothes. And probably the most important aspect evolving into manhood is that it is no longer or ever will be again about you its about family.
One may read this and say that I'm a whipped little pussy, and there is some truth to that,but my whole life I only did what felt good for Dan...I went nowhere. Now I do things souly for my loved ones and I'm halfway to heaven. You do the math
superzero
drinks shots in a single gulp
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
How Great to be witness to your becoming a Real Man! Your growth & maturity deserves a standing ovation. Always new it was in there...good to see you found it and let it out! Yep, you really have found out what it is to be a Man. Congratulations on your new found happiness!
ReplyDeleteSheila Doucet